we believe that all accidents are preventable through proper planning, training, employee engagement, and vigilance
The Albert M. Higley Co. is committed to providing a healthy, safe, clean, and efficient environment for everyone that comes onto our project sites.
We believe that all accidents are preventable, and through proper planning, training, employee engagement, and vigilance, we can ensure that everyone leaves in the same condition that they arrived. We maintain an EMR of 0.52 and received recognition by the Cleveland Construction Safety Council for not having any OSHA recordable injuries in 2013 and 2014.
To us, no project is a success unless it is built safely. By instilling a deep commitment to safety that reaches from management to the trade workers, we have achieved an industry-leading safety performance, while improving productivity and lowering costs.
AMHigley's Safety Highlights:
- Experience Modifier Rate of 0.52
- Received award for 1 million Hours without OSHA recordable accident in 2016
- All field and office employees complete OSHA-30 training
- All field and office employees take annual scheduled drug tests, randomly 33% are tested again on an unscheduled basis
- We pre-qualify all subcontractors – Safety, Operations, and our CFO must sign-off before we will recommend a firm to bid your project
- We require all subcontractors to submit a Site-Specific Safety Plan before they can begin work onsite
- Every construction worker and Project Team member must complete our safety orientation training on the first visit before entering the jobsite
- We require reporting and a root cause analysis of every “near miss” incident